Thursday, April 13, 2006

Irish Tin Whistle


This has been a great week. My loverly wife, Tammy, bought me an Irish tin whistle complete with song book and CD so that I can learn to play. The Irish tin whistle is much like the common recorder except that it is made of tin and a little bit of plastic for the mouth piece. It has a shrill sound when you blow hard into it. It is a nice sound shrill or not. It gives the right Celtic sound. As of today I can play Old MacDonald's Farm...EEE III EEE III OOO! My hope is to attain a level of proficiency in the next year or so to join/start a little Celtic band! We will see, pray for me! I can just see me dancing around and playing the tin whistle along the coast of Nova Scotia. What a joy it is to be a minstrel for the King!

1 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger Newman The Great said...

Hey Mike, I am visiting your blog. I just wanted you to know I have a blog now..YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home