Sunday, April 09, 2006

Me and Three


Yesterday was a day for just me to be home with my three kids: Catherine, Laura, and Graham! Tammy was away for a women's ministry workshop at our local church camping/retreat facility while I stayed home. The week previous to this experience I was a bit (a bit mind you) apprehensive of being home alone with all three (a task that Tammy handles with excellence daily). Nevertheless, the time came, Friday evening. When I arrived home after being at the church most of the night (approximately 9:30pm), Laura, our middle girl, was awake. She had just been through a scarey dream. Therefore, I took it upon myself to stay up with her and watch a movie, Polar Express, until about 11:30pm. Then she and I went off to sleepy land.

The next morning (I should mention that the night went by without anyone being upset nor waking to any large extent) my youngest woke and was ready to get out of his crib. Graham and I went downstairs at 6:40am. The girls did not wake until almost an hour later. The next few hours we watched movies, played, and I was even able to have a coffee with my neighbor, Mike, who was gracious and patient with the morning routine of preparing breakfast. After Mike left, we watched Star Wars episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. Catherine and Laura absolutely love Star Wars. Catherine is always Princess Leia. Laura is always Luke Skywalker. I am always Han Solo when we watch. Graham gets to be either R2D2, C-3PO, Chewie, or Darth Vader by default.

After that movie Catherine headed to dance class and Graham went down for a nap. The day buzzed on by and Tammy came home sometime mid-afternoon. The day went quite well! No major injuries, tantrums, or adult melt downs, so, I consider yesterday a success. Thanks be to God!

1 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We miss you guys big.
Love the photos. <3

 

Post a Comment

<< Home