Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Life Poem


So, life is quite good. I am learning lots of hard lessons. The past two weeks...oh wait, hold on a minute. Before I get into all of that...check out a poem that God gave me just this morning. Go to www.goodnewssydney.blogpot.com or just click on the link here entitled Sydney Church Plant. Look for the entry called FIRE. It is self explanitory. Thanks for checking in on us evey once in a while!

Okay...back to life. For the past week and a half I have been the 40 hour a week house parent and I have enjoyed it while it being the biggest challenge of my life. However, I have developed the relationship with my children I have always envisioned! I am closer and have gained more love and trust from them: Catherine, Laura, and Graham than I could have ever imagined. This is the realization of a dream or vision actually that I have had which is part and parcel with that of the vision for the Church plant: community-oriented, relationally driven, Acts chapter 2 stuff!

I have found that I can be rather grumpy and demanding, and a harsh task-master with a five, three, and one year old. Hopefully they will forgive my foibles and grow from the good imput I give. Pray for me that I will develop into the type of husband and father that Jesus wants me to be!

Tammy has been working full time the past two weeks. She will be moving into part time soon, but these last two weeks are training and require more hours. It is good for her too! I think she is truly finding fulfillment in this new way of life. We are blossoming here and are so truly content with what the Lord is doing in our lives. Thanks to all who are supporting and supportive of this move...it is the right thing! This one goes out to Lauren Lee, and her homies in Smith's Creek, NB!!!

-Michael the Hutt

4 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hello Huttons!! I'm so glad I stumbled across your blog...I'm excited to keep up with you and the church plant in Sydney! My Dad grew up there, so I spent many a summer and Christmas there on Tain Street while I was growing up. My mother, too, is a Cape Bretoner, from port Morien. Your mission field is RIPE! I think it's so great that you are bringing Jesus to a place which is so desperate for Him.

I love your pink house... It's perfect for your little ladies! They're really growing too, aren't they? We will be praying for your family and for your Church as you adventure to be used by the Lord to transform that city! God bless!!

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Jo said...

Yes, hello the Huttons! Church Planting in Sydney is so hip with it. :) I sat by a woman on my last plane ride who was from Sydney and had moved to Iowa because of the poor economy in Sydney. My, she was animated! We talked the whole trip. If she is any indication of the personality types in your city, you should be up for some good times!

Cheers to you.
Jo Hanson (of Fowler fame)

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Jeannie said...

Hey guys...you should post more pics of my girls and grahambo...I miss you guys tons!!

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Hey Hutton! Thanks for stopping by my blog; I had no idea you had one so I'm glad I followed your link here. Proud of what you all are doing in NS. Keep it up and keep us informed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home