Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hmmm...Life's Lessons


Well, my experiences as an at-home real estate person have shown my lack of experience, but have given me some valuable life points. At the first of March we had made a deal to sell our home and had a contract on it and had lined up the inspection. Two days after the inspection...the purchaser dropped out leaving us feeling pretty disappointed and back at square one. The problem was that I trusted the word of a person (which turned out to be empty) instead of double checking with my lawyer before making a move which gave this person an out without any legal ramifications. Hmmm...so, I ask myself, "should I stop trusting people....become jaded and give up on humankind?"

We are ready to be in Lubbock, TX since we made the decision to move...and the finances will dry up and the church has moved on beyond the Hutton family (as it should and must). This leaves us ready to get out of dodge not because we are anxious to be out of Sydney (we love it), but because there is something very important for us to do and be in Lubbock. So, with all that verbally expelled, I should say that I have determined that human nature and its deceit at times is not a reason to give up on humankind, but to continue to live faithfully to Christ and to reach out in love to my fellow man and woman. I am reminded of a song by Keith Green. The song goes, "I was so lost...and you showed the way, you showed the way...I was so lost and you showed the way to me. I was lied to and you told the truth, you told the truth. I was lied to and you told the truth to me." It is not humankind in whom I place my faith and trust...but in the eternally loving Jesus.

Michael

2tim1.7

3 Comments:

At 12:46 AM, Blogger maria said...

We sould our hosue last year, FSBO. Hang in there! And we'll be in Lubbock proabably twice next fall, so we'll be sure and see you then!

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Tim Guptill said...

Hi Guys,
I'm hoping these comments are pushed to your email so you can contact me. Please email me at pastortim@olivetwesleyan.ca

Hope you are doing well, we're thinking of you.

Tim

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger maria said...

How are y'all? We miss hearing about you, let us know how you are!!

Hugs to you, hope to see you soon in the Hub City -- Maria

 

Post a Comment

<< Home