Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Catcher in the Rye

I guess this book has been deemed by society as evil and profane. I have read it three times in my life and learn something new every time. I am reading it a fourth time and gleaning something, a reminder about phonies and how the young can see through the smoke screens that we adults like to put on and pretend hide the real 'us'. Insecurities and short-comings are things we try to put behind a mask, but the pure eyes of youth see through it. They are not fooled. Holden Caulfield reminded me to be real this week. Just as Jesus reminds me to 'suffer the little children to come unto me.' I want to succeed like Thoreau once quipped, "success is to be loved by children."

-Michael

1 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger choral_composer said...

I read this book because you told me about it ...back in the good ole lubbock days....in fact I think you even lent me your copy :)

....memories.....like the corners of my mind.......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home