Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Fishy Funeral






Yesterday we had to conduct a funeral for Robyn, Laura's fish. She/He/It went belly-up from a brutal attack from a fellow fish. The death is a bit 'fishy' if you will pardon the pun. The attack seemed to be unprovoked, having to do with territorial boundaries in fishdom.

Anywhoo, Laura, Catherine, and I were the officiants and I was acting as pall-bearer. Laura took charge of the flushing duties while Catherine offered up philosophical questions about death and comments about the blood coming from where the fish's fin used to be (goldfish are brutal). It was a sad occasion eulogized by Laura, "I am sad, I am gonna miss my fishy." However, when all was 'taken care of' and Laura watched Robyn disappear down the 'drain to heaven' she let out an excited cry, "That was cool!"

:)

1 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger choral_composer said...

woohoo you are blogging again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home